Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ali's return to Wanderland

For weeks… well, months actually, I’ve been thinking that I need to get blogging again. Somehow though time has passed and I have failed to do the simplest of things, write something that could fill this space, this miniscule amount of cyber space just here. Huge events have happened in the past nine months – the Arab uprising, London riots, Jimmy Saville’s death, and yet here I am on an unremarkable afternoon beginning to blog again. Maybe it’s that the big global, world-changing events (no one will ever have Jim fix it for them again, and no Shane Richie pretending to be Jim is frankly not going to cut it) in life can be all a bit too overwhelming. Everyone’s talking about them and most people are saying more profound, cleverer, wittier, more informed things than you. It’s not that I don’t want to join the discussion,  I very much do, it’s just there are too many thoughts for me to write coherently down in time for me to publish an entry that is still relevant. Talking about it to real life people who can fill in the blanks and prompt me with names and new ideas, that’s the best way for me. The upshot of this is that I will continue to blog in an ad hoc way, generally about my own life with some larger themes occasionally thrown in for those who feel the need to stretch the old grey matter. I’ll even try to not to leave it 6 months before I blog again, but no promises. As I’ve said before I don’t do resolutions...

No comments:

Post a Comment